The wooden pulpit, now found in the nave on the north side of the Co-Cathedral, was placed in the church during the reign of Grand Master Hugues Loubenx de Verdalle (1582-1595). The pulpit has been attributed to the Italian sculptor Antonio Lazi from Piacenza.
The intricately carved and decorated structure consists of a raised pulpit constructed out of various types of walnut, adorned with carved, gilded figures. This includes a statue representing St John the Baptist, the escutcheons of the Order and of Grand Master Hugues Loubenx de Verdalle.
The restoration lasted two months from December 2009 to January 2010, where the whole structure was cleaned and re-gilding was applied in faded areas.